"Don't quit your day job."

Tuesday, August 02, 2005


I hit the snooze at least 6 times this morning. Normally, it's about 4. (The clock is set 40 minutes fast to allow this). I had 12 minutes to get ready before I needed to leave for work. I'm really impressed my shoes match and my shirt is not on backwards. (It's happened before...) And what's more impressive is that I arrived 2 minutes early, which irritate me a little cuz I could of slept 2 minutes more.

In case you haven't figured it out - I am not a morning person. I am most alert around 9 PM. I don't get up 2 hours before I have to leave in order to read the paper front to back while drinking a cup of coffee (rarely touch the stuff). I prefer the challenge of sleeping till the last possible moment. I do prepare the night before, however, by taking a shower and laying out clothes. (spilt personality - lazy and anal retentive) Amazingly enough, I've only been late to this job once - 3 minutes.

Due to the fact I rarely get to bed before midnight, and have to be at work before the butt-crack of dawn, I don't get the recommended 8 hours of sleep. This, I feel attributes to blonde moments. Case in point: Yesterday my boss brought in cucumbers from his garden, and gave me a couple. I put them in my purse, not wanting to forget to take them home. I just started carrying a purse again. Normally I just have a wallet, but after almost washing my new itty-bitty cell phone with my jeans, I dug out the purse. Anyway, the biggest reason I hate purses is that they fill up with crap no matter how small they are.

So yesterday, after registering for my EMT classes (it's officially - I'm a student again!), I was digging for my car keys - starting to panic. Are they in the ignition? No... I don't remember having them inside... Damn! I proceed to empty the contents of my purse on the hood of my car (I hate when women do this). I finally find the keys, and as I'm throwing the stuff back in my bag I notice a campus security guard snickering at me. I'm thinking what an idiot, doesn't he have better things to do? But then I realize he doesn't - he's a security guard...

It's wasn't until I threw the 2, rather large cucumbers in my bag, when it hit me - why he was cracking up. As I got in my car, I said to him with a smile, "Always good to have a back up." Wiped the smirk right off his face...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Powered by Blogger